Registration is open for the 14th Annual National SAM Conference.
Click here to register: http://registration.samsconnect.com/
As always, registration is on a first come, first confirmed basis. New this year will be a requirement that a purchase order or payment be received within 30 days of registration if your attendance is not included in your service agreement.
Starr Pass is an amazing resort terraced above Tucson in the protected Saguaro National Park Mountain District. Hiking trails, desert wildlife, three pools, a lazy river, tennis, championship golf course and amazing conference facilities, inside and out, make this the perfect place to learn, relax and celebrate your work as a SAM team.
The keynote speakers are national and international authors, speakers and leaders in the movement to improve teaching and learning and support school leaders. They will push your thinking and help you be an even more effective leader.
- Baruti Kafele – Former principal, speaker and author of numerous school leadership books, Baruti is known as a transformative speaker who helps educators assess their practice to find “discomfort within their comfort”.
- John Antonetti* – Former principal, author and acclaimed humorous motivational and leadership speaker, John returns to the national conference to talk about how technology can be used to increase positive and effective student engagement.
- Andy Hargreaves* – International advocate for improving schools for all children, researcher and humorous speaker, Andy returns to the national conference to share his life story and lessons learned that can inform your leadership work.
- Emily Balcetis – Social psychologist, professor and author Emily Balcetis comes to the conference to shear her work on how seemingly small differences in perception, whether conscious or nonconscious, can have potentially major consequences for leaders.
- Kim Marshall & Jenn David-Lang – Authors, leaders and remarkable school change agents Kim Marshall and Jenn David Lang return to the conference to share their second book on using The Marshall Memo to improve practice and outcomes.
- Ken Williams* – Former principal, speaker, author and change agent, Ken returns to the national conference to address what needs to happen now in our schools to end systemic racism and inequity.
- LaVonna Roth* – International speaker, author and constant advocate for a positive approach, LaVonna returns to the national conference to share her new book and ideas for engaging students effectively by centering on social and emotional learning.
*also doing an all-day pre-conference workshop
14th Annual National SAM Conference
July 6, pre-conference attendee arrival
July 7th, pre-conference sessions and arrival of regular conference attendees
July 8th and 9th, regular conference
July 10th, guests travel home