Registration is open for the 14th Annual National SAM Conference.
Click here to register: http://registration.samsconnect.com/
14th Annual National SAM Conference
July 2, Friday: Earliest arrival date for reduced room rate
July 6, Tuesday: pre-conference attendees must arrive on or before
July 7th, Wednesday: pre-conference sessions and arrival of regular conference attendees
July 8th and 9th, Thursday and Friday: regular conference
July 10th, Saturday: guests travel home
July 15th, Thursday: last day to check out at reduced room rate
We are encouraged by the progress made in defeating Covid19. Availability of the vaccine, the declining infection rate and new CDC guidelines makes the July conference a wonderful opportunity to come together again in person for professional development, recreation, and celebration of your work.
The schedule each day includes:
- Three keynote sessions
- An afternoon break to enjoy the resorts pools, lazy river, hiking, golf and other recreation pursuits
- A 5:30 PM happy hour keynote session
- An outside dinner and entertainment event
You may come early and stay late. The timing, adjacent to the 4th of July weekend, makes it possible to combine a vacation with the conference. Your cost for each extra night at the resort is $185.
The conference will be smaller to make sure we can safely meet and easily follow pandemic safety measures that may still be in place in July. We have limited the number of attendees to 300. Attendees can cancel any time before June 21 without penalty.
We are covering self-parking at the resort.
The cost of the conference is $1,995 per attendee and includes three nights at the resort, food, beverage, materials, sessions entertainment, and airport transfers.
The cost of the optional pre-conference is $795 and covers an extra night at the resort, food, beverage, materials, all-day sessions, and airport transfers.
The cost for a significant other, adult, to attend the three evening events, is $325. A reduced cost children’s meal package will be available.
Starr Pass is an amazing resort terraced above Tucson in the protected Saguaro National Park Mountain District. Hiking trails, desert wildlife, three pools, a lazy river, tennis, championship golf course and amazing conference facilities, inside and out, make this the perfect place to learn, relax and celebrate your work as a SAM team.
The keynote speakers are national and international authors, speakers and leaders in the movement to improve teaching and learning and support school leaders. They will push your thinking and help you be an even more effective leader.
- Baruti Kafele – Former principal, speaker and author of numerous school leadership books, Baruti is known as a transformative speaker who helps educators assess their practice to find “discomfort within their comfort
- Emily Balcetis – Social psychologist, professor and author Emily Balcetis comes to the conference to share her work on how seemingly small differences in perception, whether conscious or nonconscious, can have potentially major consequences for leaders.
- Kim Marshall – Author, leader, and remarkable school change agent Kim Marshall returns to the conference to share his second book on using The Marshall Memo to improve practice and outcomes.
- Ken Williams – Former principal, speaker, author and change agent, Ken identifies the habits of mind and practice of Ruthless Teaching that will defeat the enemy and empower you to deliver on the promise of equity, excellence, and achievement for all students, regardless of background.
- Jason Suran – International magician Jason Suran comes to the SAM conference to entertain… and teach attendees how to apply a mentalist’s observation skills to better work with others.
- John Antonetti – Former principal, author and acclaimed humorous motivational and leadership speaker, John returns to the national conference to talk about how a small shift in the control of the thinking in learning tasks can have long-lasting impact for our students. The session captures the research on engagement garnered in the years leading up to and including teaching in the pandemic. Additional insight will be provided by Janet Jackson.
- LaVonna Roth – Where we focus, determines where we will be. After a life-changing moment such as a pandemic, we must choose where we want to be. Let’s embolden resiliency, ignite innovation, and blaze a path where you thrive! Get ready to connect, create, & celebrate YOU and your SAM team!
- Mike Rutherford and Jim Masters—Mike Rutherford, Rutherford Learning Group, returns to the SAM Conference with Missouri’s Jim Masters, Department of Elementary and Secondary Education, to share the Show Me state’s remarkable Leadership Development System: content, videos and materials you can use in your school.
The Pre-conference sessions will be:
- John Antonetti: Leading the Work: Building Capacity for Powerful Learning Task Design
- LaVonna Roth: Let’s Re-ignite the S.H.I.N.E. in Your School’s Culture: Inspire, Retain & Thrive
- Kevin Freeman and Annette Cozort: Missouri Leadership Development System training modules
For more detail about keynotes and pre-conference sessions, click here: http://wordpress.samsconnect.com/?p=5617